The PSSA is the trade association for companies involved in the supply of equipment and services designed to provide the highest levels of physical protection for sites and their perimeters from terrorist or criminal attack that involves the use of extreme force or explosives.
We formally became a non-profit trade association limited by guarantee on 1st August 2009. Our founder members are some of the leading names in the sector – and we have been formed with the encouragement of the government body the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI). It shares our objective to promote the use of high performance products and their professional installation.
Access to the new Verification Scheme – a rigorous process of evaluation of both your management system and verification of your product resulting in the authority to use the PSSA Verification Mark and inclusion in the PSSA-CPNI published list of certified products and services. This will become the new “go to” register for current and future customers to get information on what you supply.
Use of the PSSA logo – the sign of your commitment to product excellence and professionalism in the perimeter security sector.
Promotion of your company and products on the PSSA website.
Participation in, and information on, standards initiatives including;
- New proposals for CEN product testing standards.
- Setting the professional standards for product installation criteria.
- Membership of work groups, including those covering International Business and Marketing.
- Networking events within the industry.
- To provide a trusted and vetted source of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) manufacturers, service / installation providers, consultants and ancillary product suppliers to end users / operators.
- To ensure that, through approved and accepted industry guidelines and principles, PSSA members are well placed and duty bound to provide a consistent and high level of service and performance.
- To promote the interests of the members throughout the world.
- To seek to work with individuals, organisations and governments who share an objective to encourage the use of professionally installed and independently tested, high performance perimeter protection products where terrorist or criminal attack is a perceived risk.
- To monitor, investigate and report to relevant authorities (if applicable) any action by either a member or non-member (in cases of misleading or potentially fraudulent claims with regard to impact testing) that is not consistent with the Associations code of conduct.
It is an exciting time to be part of the security industry – and no better time to be part of the sector’s newest and most forward thinking trade association.